You can make a lot of improvements in your overall state of health and well-being by making healthy lifestyle choices. Here are some simple guidelines to follow:
- Consume a wide variety of whole grains, fresh or frozen vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, greens and beans.
- Eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, low in processed ingredients and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Drink plenty of water—half your body weight in ounces per day.
- Do not eat foods containing hydrogenated oils. Limit all fried foods, saturated fats, refined oils and processed foods.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in anti-oxidants. These foods are highly colorful. Think of red, ripe tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and eggplant.
- Eat organic food whenever possible. This will ensure higher quality foods, and less contamination with additives, dyes, chemicals, pesticides and antibiotics.
- Learn relaxation techniques or calming skills to help minimize the effects of stress
- Limit exposure in the sun
42-16857085 Arranged Vegetables Creating a Face — Image by © Royalty-Free/Corbis © Corbis. All Rights Reserved.
To experience the difference of Pure Aveda Salonspa, call for an appointment today 352.383.9091 or try out the online concierge at visitpure.com